Thursday, March 29, 2012

Junie B., First Grader Dumb Bunny Novel Study for Easter


The Scholastic Lucky catalogue for April 2011 offered Junie B., First Grader Dumb Bunny for $1.00.  It was such as great deal that I bought an entire class set.  This I decided to make a teaching unit to accompany this book since I now have my own class set.  My students loved this book and had a great time completing these activities.  The novel study includes a table of contents, teacher directions for each activity, vocabulary, comprehension activities, and a comprehension assessment.  The comprehension activities include asking questions such as who, what, when, where, why, and how.  Students will also analyze characters using the Basket of "Carrot"ters activity.  The unit also includes two writing activities.  One of the writing activities requires the students to retell the story from another character’s point of view.  For the persuasive writing activity, the students help Lucille make her Easter egg hunt invitations telling why they should come to her egg hunt using details from the story.  Finally, two math journal prompts are included that go along with the book.  My unit is available at teachers pay teachers by clicking on the following link.  Hope you enjoy!  


Here are some samples to preview!!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Suzy! Your unit looks really cute!! Would love to follow your blog!!


    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My kids loved the book and really enjoyed the activities. Thanks for following my blog. I just started so it was my first post!

      Delete
  3. Hey Suzy! Junie B. is the greatest! I'll share this with my friends!

    ReplyDelete